Tuesday 12 June 2012

Creativity run riot...

My brain is a wierd place.  It keeps going off at a tangent and coming up with new ideas and story lines... I have just come up with an excellent idea for a new book and started to write...500 words in ten minutes...not bad! 

The thing is I also need to finish the Evolution Series and my daughter keeps nagging me to finish the childrens book I started... I just don't have enough time to do them all.  In a way since I am still an unknown author it does not matter what I do and that takes the pressure off.  No-one is rushing me to finish this or that.  I think I now understand all those authors who say that once they were discovered they lost some of their enjoyment with writing - they had time pressure!

I love being creative and seeing where the wind takes me.  What about you?  How do you let off steam?  What motivates you? 

Somedays I hope I'll never have to go back to my day job (teacher)... and others I can't wait for the day when I can.  Either way, it's not an option at the moment... childcare! 

Have a good day and if you are in England try not to look outside too much - rain, rain and more rain... there are worse things in life! :)
Vanessa xx

No comments:

Post a Comment