Monday 23 July 2012

Over the moon...

Check out my latest review... I mean, like WOW... Huge gigantic smaile on my face today... Thank you Mrs mud.  I also finally have a copy of my official paperback and am quite impressed by the cover...

Hope you all get a chance to check it out... I am in the mood for writing!
Vanessa :) xx

Captivation at Every Twist and Turn! Next Bestseller! July 23, 2012
By MrsMud

As an 8th grade English teacher, reading is my passion. In order to entice my middle school kids to read, I must make sure that what I present to them is something that will not only catch their attention, but keep it through to the end. Popular series such as Percy Jackson, The Hunger Games, and the Divergent Trilogy are series that I've read and presented to my students, and received an overwhelming response with kids fighting for books to read them. In saying that, I am constantly looking for books that are up to my standards to "infect" my students with that bug to read. I can say, after reading Hybrid, that this is my next book craze that will be taking over my class.

Since I live in the USA, the terms and spellings of Great Britain threw me at first, but was great to be exposed to a different way of reading. Will be great discussions in class! Hybrid begins in the setting of England, with student Caitlin joining the University, and meeting new people. It threw me, at first, because the story does change to the different characters points of view, but you catch on quick after that.

At school, Caitlin meets Steven and all that comes with him; many things that even HE didn't realize came with him. You get caught up in young blossoming love, that soon become overshadowed by darknesses hidden by the past. When dark family secrets make themselves known, the story twists into one of survival and the costs of living. Will the overwhelming love endure all costs? Is survival worth losing yourself? Is there anyway out?

The Hybrid series is sure to keep the reader on edge throughout the chapters, and leaves you wanting more at the end. This, to me, is the mark of a true bestseller. It leaves me wanting more, and will leave any reader wanting her to hurry up and release the other books! Any fans of The Hunger Games and/or Twilight will instantly be captivated. I will state, I am NOT a Twilight/vampire fan AT ALL, but I was captivated by this book. You must read to know more! I recommend this book to anyone who wants to "get lost" in a new book, and for any English teacher looking to get their kids hooked on reading. I'm confident in recommending this, and look forward to many more works in this series and by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment