Wednesday 19 September 2012

Have you downloaded Hybrid by Vanessa Wester?

If you were one of the lucky people to have downloaded Hybrid this weekend or if you happen to have bought it then THANK YOU :)

As a debut novelist I am bemused by the whole process and have no idea what all you readers out there will make of my baby.  Let's face it, we all love our babies but everyone else might not...

Anyway, I am going to focus of Book Two... it will hopefully be edited in the next month.  It's a slow process.  I apologise to all of you waiting.  Then I will send out to beta readers and bite my nails, which will be a darn shame since they are looking good at the moment!

I get the feeling at the moment that things are getting harder and harder for us "indie" authors... I dread to think what its like for traditionally published authors!  The market is saturated with new books!  Now, I think this is a great thing for books in general, they are cool again!  Walk with a book and hold your head high (or an ipad, kindle, Kobo, etc...)  Like it says in my local library - the Geeks rule the world! 

It has been an amazing experience to publish my eBook and paperback - I am in awe of the possibilities!  But, now I am going to try to focus on how this all started in the first place... to escape!  I have to get my head back in the game and stop thinking about strategy.  I am off the KDP scheme and my book is now going everywhere... lets just wait and see what happens!

Thanks again for reading
Vanessa :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment