Wednesday 31 October 2012

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

HALLOWEEN like many other traditions is received with mixed views by many... some throw themselves in and go all out.   They buy costumes, go to parties, make creepy goodies, read scary stories or watch scary films... it's all good fun! 

Others ignore the whole thing and treat it as another notch of consumerism gone crazy... promoted actively by shops to make money (and who could blame them...lol)

Personally, I think it's good to have fun every now and again... I will not eat (or give my kids) millions of sweets but in moderation all is good.

And if I'm honest, I love vampires, ghosts, paranormal, and deadly tales... again, everything in moderation.  Not all the time but now and again... it's great!  Although, I have to be honest I am a bigger fan of suspence than I am of horror - zombies in particular have never been my "thing."

Anyway, in light of the tradition a few pictures to share of my horrors! lol...

Vampire Mike



Elegant Elsa
Scary Jo




















We had a lovely chicken roast dinner and are all completely stuffed now...
















But for desert I recommend PUMPKIN CUPCAKES, using a carrot cake recipe... they were delicious!

Ingredients:

100g soft margarine or butter
100g caster sugar
2 eggs
125g Self-raising flour
Approx. 100g pumpkin
25g raisins
Teaspoon of vanilla essence

Whisk eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla & flour together.  Then mix in pumpkin & raisins.  Heap in cupcake cases & bake at 180 degrees...

Decorate with...

Buttercream... half & half of icing sugar to butter - your choice on food colouring...

& anything else you like...we got chocolate spiders!




Then EAT... and get a coloured tongue... lol :)

HAVE AN EXCELLENT DAY...

Vanessa :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment