Saturday 2 November 2013

GIBRALTAR... I miss you already

Last week I visited my home town of Gibraltar. The last time I went back (Easter 2012) my dad ended up in hospital after a heart attack, so it was a tense and stressful time. Luckily, this time he looked very well (thank goodness for stents!) and I had a wonderful time - so much so, that for the first time in years, I am homesick! After you look at my pictures you will understand why... the grey gloom and cold weather of England just cannot compete...

So, here you go - GIBRALTAR... ENJOY :)

The view from my parents apartment, where I grew up!
The Alameda Play Area - it's fab!

Here we go a marching today... Lord Nelson & Crew... 





A Barbary Ape scouts for food with the locals & tourists - DO NOT FEED THEM! (I actually got attacked by one and he swiped my daughters ice-cream!!)

What are you looking at?
The Cable Car & views ...






Views from the top of the rock


Cars cross the airport landing strip to get from the Spanish frontier to Gibraltar...



Churros for breakfast... yum... not for the diabetic!!! 



The beach opposite Spain - Camp Bay...



 The beach on the other side of the rock...








Birthday celebrations with my family - Happy Birthday, Mum!



 At the Airport... lucky I am heading back in December! YAY
 
When will I see you again, my Rock?

Hope you enjoyed the pictures... for a taste of Britain & Spain on a Rock with a fascinating history, traditions, and troubled relations with its neighbour. Let the beauty of the Rock shine through for all time.

Vanessa :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment