Friday 11 March 2016

Films gallore! #Allegiant #KungFuPanda3

Last week, I went to see Kung Fu Panda 3 with my youngest daughter. Apparently, it was the preview and so the cinema was not that busy. We both thought it was fantastic and it really made me think a lot about perseverance. The Ying and Yang of life...

There were a lot of funny moments and I highly recommend it for family viewing.

I would even go as far as to say that these films just keep on getting better. Different twists and new scenes and characters.

Clever!


Which leads me on to Allegiant, which I saw today... oh dear!

There are some cool effects and scenes that are interesting, but both my (older) daughter and I wondered what on earth was going on. The plot was SO different to the book it was unbelievable and yes, Kate Winslet is sorely missed. The fact they are dragging this out into another film beggars belief. Do they have no ideas for new fresh films? Just saying...

Here is the trailer. We had a good time and it was fun to watch, but it is missing something. The whole fight scene thing is getting old.


Anyway, I have been reading the Harry Potter books to my youngest daughter and we finished book three this week, which means we got to watch the film! It is fantastic to relive this amazing series with my daughter and both the books and films are amazing.


We did have an interesting discussion on the differences between the film and the book and I loved the fact she thought the book had got it wrong. I did explain which came first...

Either way, lets see what you all made of these! Enjoy :)

Vanessa

1 comment:

  1. Vanessa, what I love most about this is that you both read and watch films with your daughter...and then dicuss them! What a great mum! I have never been much of a film goer, but I always read to my girls too. The last film we all saw together was Titanic...talking of Kate...

    ReplyDelete