Sunday 20 March 2016

The end of #Amazon Price-Match?

I got this from Amazon today...

"We recently noticed the digital list price for the title(s) listed below is higher than the list price of the same book listed on Amazon.com or another website. 

Hybrid: The Evolution Trilogy (ID: B0081EV8Z8) is listed on Amazon.com at $3.45 and at $0.99 on BarnesAndNoble-US

According to our pricing policy, your book should be priced no higher than the list price on Amazon.com or any other sales channel for either the physical or digital edition of the book. Please adjust the list price for the above book(s) within the next 5 business days. If the price isn’t updated within 5 business days, we may remove the book(s) from the Kindle Store, at which point you will need to republish the book with an updated price.

To republish an item and update the price, locate it in your KDP account and open Step 2, ‘Rights and Pricing’. Enter an updated price, click the rights confirmation check box, then click ‘Save and Publish’.

For more information on our list price requirements, see section 4 on our Pricing Page below:
Thanks for your understanding."

Does this signal the end of price match? I have amended my price for Hybrid, but they have not said anything about my other book which is perma-free. There are many books out there which are free via other retailers and get price-matched by Amazon.

Does anyone know what is happening?

If they do, I have a feeling there will be a lot less books on the free charts from now on. Or, the FREE promo available via being exclusive to Amazon will finally work?

Just sharing my thoughts...

Vanessa :)

3 comments:

  1. Nothing to add, I'm afraid, Vanessa - I don't know anything about price matching as all my books are on Amazon KDP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of interest... are you glad you have never ventured out and used other retailers? :)

      Delete
  2. Amazon moves in mysterious ways, Vanessa. I'm afraid I don't know. I don't understand much of what they do at all!

    ReplyDelete